Friday, August 31, 2012

San Francisco

We had a great trip to San Francisco! Fabulous weather and good friends makes a trip worthwhile, even if Delta is an absolute pain to fly with.


Don't 
Expect
Luggage 
To
Arrive 

So the story goes, they made me check my carry-on luggage in Memphis when I got to the gate because of "lack of overhead space". I asked if they were storing it beneath the plane and handing it back at the gate. Nope. Of course not. They were sending it on to my final destination...SFO. I explained to them that I had a 5 hour layover in Atlanta, to no avail. The poor guy after me had an 11 hour layover on his way to Germany. Nope, they didn't let him keep his either. Poor guy. I'm not sure who gave them more of an ear full. It's a toss-up between us. Luckily J was able to keep her carry-on so I could borrow something if need be. 
I did get my luggage when I got to SF. I was exceedingly surprised since the last 3 trips I've taken with D.E.L.T.A they've lost my luggage.

Golden Gate Bridge. So the GGB Story goes like this. Never Ever Ever try to bike from the Presidio all the way to Sausalito with the expectation that A) A beginner can do it, B) that you will be able to bike back, and C) that you will not be terrified while doing A and B. 


P and S took us to Sonoma Valley for the beautiful scenery and the wonderful wine. Mainly the wine.  

Sausalito. Cute little town. Wouldn't want to live here in an earthquake, but cute little town. Drive here, don't bike. Replace brake pads before going.

Magners: The Irish Cider of the Gods ;) J and I have started a tradition. Every time we go on a trip we have to make at least 1 stop at an Irish pub. It's never an inconvenience I can tell you that.

Cutest little house. P and S did a great job fixing it up. Apparently it was just a shell when they bought it.  

The view of Alcatraz and the Wharf from Coit Tower. 

O'Reilly's Irish Pub. Notice we're not the only ones at a pub at 2 in the afternoon.  

"Erin Go Bragh"

J and Me at O'Reilly's Irish Pub

Coit Tower. It is unfortunate that the only way to the top is by elevator. It was built in the early 1900s and it smells like it. 

The Presidio grounds. I fell bad for those men that got stationed in Biloxi, MS when they could have gone here. 

P and Little T at lunch. The best baby ever. I told G if I could be guaranteed to have one just like him I would have another.
Vegan Mexican. Yes Yes, I know what you're thinking about the black beans. It was actually delicious. 

St. Paul's: Where the movie "Sister Act" was filmed.
A bit of movie trivia: The church is actually in a very nice part of town. They made it look like it was in a bad part of town for the movie. 

Breakfast at "Toast" with J. This is the first joint I've been to that gets the whole "must drink coffee in huge cups" thing. 
Xander and T watching us leave the last day :( This is both precious and terribly sad. 

Giant Roses. Not sure what they put in their soil but the flowers and produce are huge. 

Garden in Sonoma. You learn something new everyday. Roses are planted around grape vines to act as a warning signal when bugs or disease strike. Both plights will affect the roses first and show signs which give the owner time to save the grape vine. 

Sonoma Valley 

Gorgeous 

View from Alcatraz. 

Old Washer

Me at Alcatraz

Alcatraz from our Ferry from Sausalito to Ferry Marketplace

Biking from Presidio to Sausalito. Our little baskets were lifesavers.
The Warden's House on Alcatraz, or what's left of it. There were only 3 or 4 wardens the whole time Alcatraz was open.  
"Stairs to Nowhere" Alcatraz. No one knew what it was for. I asked.
My momma's favorite color. The yellow roses were huge and gorgeous.





No comments:

Post a Comment