Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Detox

Wow. What a Christmas! The girls were happy with their new doll house and soccer goal, not to mention the miscellaneous dolls, movies, books, etc. The swing set is, unfortunately, still sitting in the yard, waiting for our friend to put it together.

I thought many times about him (not our friend...but our future son). I wondered where he was, if he WAS yet... I wondered what he was doing and what his Christmas was like. I prayed that he would have enough Christmases with us post-adoption that he wouldn't even think about the ones before (if they were bad).

We received the final (signed) formal application paperwork but have to wait to send the fee. We had hoped to send it earlier but the case didn't come through when we thought it would. Hopefully it will be before February, but...if it doesn't come then obviously God has a reason.

We are all tired from the holidays. Our mom's (Garry's and mine) left this morning. My dad left Saturday. The girls are just relaxing today.

The house improvements look awesome. The bookshelves are perfect. It was great to free up some storage room in the attic and in his room (we had books in boxes in his closet).

Oh and I sewed pillows...yep...non-domestic goddess I am. My mom taught me.

Oh and the new light fixtures change the look of the house completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment